- Product description: NaI(Tl)
NaI (TI) is the most extensively used material of all the available scintillators. It is grown by host material sodium iodide doped with appropriate percentage of thallium. The main emission wavelength is 415nm, which well matched with the working wavelength of photomultiplier tubes (PMTs). It has very high luminescence efficiency and exhibits no significant self absorption of the scintillation light and has good resolution ability to X-ray and γ-ray.
• High light output;
• The emission wavelength（415nm）match well with the working wavelength of photomultiplier tubes (PMTs);
• No significant self absorption of scintillation light;
• Available in single crystal or polycrystalline forms in a wide variety of sizes and geometries;
• Widely used for radiation detection: in nuclear medicine, for environmental monitoring, in nuclear physics, aerial survey, well logging and in many other applications.
Table1. Main Properties
|Thermal expansion coefficient（/℃）||47.7×10-6|
|Wavelength of emission max. [nm]||415|
|Refractive index @ emission max||1.85|
|Primary decay time [ns]||250|
|Light yield [photons/keVγ]||38|
|Temperature coefficient of light yield||-3%/℃|
• Cylinder-shaped crystals：φ11mm×200mm ～φ68mm×300mm
Special-shaped series: trigonal prism, tetragonal prism, hexagonal prism and so on.
Wafer: φ1mm×3mm ～φ170mm×20mm
Side window: φ37mm×120mm ～φ50mm×150mm
• Fast delivery（within 1 month）.
Side window and wafers
NaI(Tl) crystal is hygroscopic, please use or keep it in dry environment.